Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Saved By The Bell: "My First Kiss"

To whom it may concern,

It is crazy that some days you wake up and remember the old days and what life used to be like. The Saturday morning soccer games with Mrs. Siberz driving us around Des Moines so the Johnston Ambush could clown on the soccer pitches of Iowa. Even before high school as a student you would attend the friday night football games. I remember leaving JMS and heading back to the house to get ready for the night and hopefully seeing some girls that had caught my eye during the week. I remember having to be in the 6th grade reject choir because Jordan Huewe would not stop talking to me, that dude right there taught me how to clown! The one thing I remember the most is my "First Kiss". I just remember it was the beginning of the partying era of our life. We would head off to Eric White's house for a party or head out to Nora Kirkpatrick's house for late night "dance party" on that fresh dance floor. But anyway back to Nora, I was totally digging this girl and my homeboy David Hefner used to date her. I always thought she was hands down the freshest girl in the 2003 class. It was Saturday night and Nora had a party and this was during the beginning days of instant messaging so I logged on to AOL 1.5 or whatever it was and hit my homeboys up to see if they where going and of course they where. So my mom of course drives me out to her house promptly at 7:30pm and reminds me to be responsible as she still does today as I leave the house. I am at the party dancing or what I thought was dancing and of course Nora is there and of course there was chatter in the halls at school that we liked each other so I am nervous as hell and we had talked on the phone but it was different hanging out in person with no parents! Anyway the night goes on and my homeboys are like you are going to have to kiss her and I am like I understand that but don't know how to do that. So the girls at the party where apparently saying the same thing to Nora and that meant only one thing, it had to be done. I believe we went to a closet or something similar and were sitting there embarrassed as hell but we knew we had to kiss there was to much invested by our friends in organizing it. The next thing I remember is that the lights went off and I leaned forward and she did the same and it was over, my "First Kiss".

I have met some incredible people in my life and I have to say my "Johnston click " was the definition of friendship. Thanks for the "going away party"

One more thing,
I love you Fergie

No comments: